Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday, April 8, 2011

With today being opening day at Fenway, I wish I had it in me to whip up some amazing baseball-inspired lunch, but these days, I feel lucky that I've managed just to get any lunch made. Plus, I'm not a sports fan, so...? But if you live around here, you'd see that just about everyone else is. I saw people on the subway this morning wearing their Red Sox clothes (including a hospital working with Sox scrubs). And E's school is not only allowing Red Sox baseball hats today, but they actually sent home a memo encouraging kids to support the Sox by wearing baseball shirts and whatever else they have at home. (Luckily, although Rob is even less into sports than I am, we did manage to buy E a Sox hat last year, more to keep the sun off of his face than to show support.)

Anyhow, here's today's not-inspired-by-opening-day lunch:

• pesto tortellini (Wait! It's Rico Pesto-celli pasta!)**
• kidney beans
• soycatash: soybeans, corn, red peppers (frozen from Trader Joe's)
• sauteed asparagus
• Kinder chocolate bars
• morning snack: blueberry cereal bar

** Ok, after trying this first lame one, I'll stop. 

No comments: